New Home

I'm glad you found my blog! Please visit my current blog at http://entrusted.wordpress.com.

6.01.2006

Thankful

Psalm 40:5
You have multiplied, O Lord my God, your wondrous deeds and your thoughts toward us; none can compare with you! I will proclaim and tell of them, yet they are more than can be told.

In a season where I easily lose sight of my blessings in the midst of my yearning for an unreceived gift, it is good to be reminded that God's wondrous deeds and thoughts toward me are more than can be told. Here is an attempt to proclaim a few...

I am thankful for:
  1. my Savior, who forgives my iniquities, heals my diseases, redeems my life from the pit, and crowns me with steadfast love and mercy, and satisfies me with good (Psalm 103).
  2. my husband, who is "more to [me] than ten sons" (1 Samuel 1:8).
  3. our apartment, a cozy home that shelters us and allows us to extend hospitality.
  4. my church, a truly outstanding body of believers who worship God, learn together from His word, and pursue rich fellowship.
  5. friends who pray for me and have faith for me when I despair of ever having children. (Thank you, specifically, to Katie F., Elisabeth, Jodi, Linnea, Lisa, Beth, Brooke, and Katie R. for all of your encouraging notes.)
  6. the word of God, which has become more precious to me during this time of trial. (Psalm 119:50, 71 - This is my comfort in my affliction, that your promise gives me life. It is good for me that I was afflicted, that I might learn your statutes.)
  7. my job, which allows me to serve the church in a unique way. I am also so grateful for the flexibility my job provides as we pursue infertility treatments.
  8. our health insurance, which will completely cover the cost of infertility treatments, other than the occasional $10 co-pay.
  9. the flowers I just planted on our patio.
  10. our vacation to Montreal - we leave tomorrow!

I could list many others, but ten seems like a good round number and I need to get ready to head out of town. I'll be back to blogging in about a week and a half!

No comments: