New Home

I'm glad you found my blog! Please visit my current blog at http://entrusted.wordpress.com.

7.21.2007

Day 6 Transfer?

I didn't even know a day-6 transfer was an option, but I guess that's what we're doing. The phone rang at 8 a.m. this morning, and as soon as the caller announced she was from the IVF center, my heart sank and I assumed that none of our embryos had survived. Then she said that they are pushing our transfer back until tomorrow because of how the embryos were developing and asked if I wanted to get more details from someone in the lab. Um, yes, please! The person from the embryology lab said that all four embryos are still growing, but that they are a little slow. They want them to "impact" before transfer, whatever that means. (I'm guessing that "impacting" is when the cells start to cluster into separate areas for the baby and placenta, but Google searches for "blastocyst embryo impacting" didn't yield much information.) According to the lab tech, this is now the most critical day for the development of the embryos. So I don't know whether to be glad that all four embryos are at least still growing, or whether to be upset that they are lagging behind. The surge of hope that I felt earlier this week when I learned we were going to let the embryos develop to blasts has dissipated now. I cling to the truth that, in God's sovereignty, not one cell is missing from our embryos. I do still believe that God will show himself to be good, even if this IVF doesn't result in pregnancy.

Isaiah 40:25-26 To whom then will you compare me, that I should be like him? says the Holy One. Lift up your eyes on high and see: who created these? He who brings out their host by number, calling them all by name, by the greatness of his might, and because he is strong in power not one is missing.

8 comments:

amy said...

Grow embryos! Grow!!

Good luck with your transfer.

Amy
dancingwithinfertility.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Beautiful verse, dear! So perfect for the post. I'm really rooting for you. (And by rooting, I mean praying hard.)

GLouise said...

Grow little, embies grow!

Praying for you!

Katie said...

Praying that the Lord would continue to help you think about that which is true and praiseworthy, and for His created lives to mature to transfer & beyond!

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you this morning, that God will give you wisdom and His peace that passes all understanding as you go in for the transfer.

Jo said...

Did they mean compacting?

Keeping you in my prayers : )

andrea_jennine said...

Jo, you're right, they must have meant compacting. Googling of blastocyst compacting yielded much more helpful information!

Thanks for the comment!

natty said...

I am in the same situation this morning, I got my call at 9am. No transfer today, my 6 embies have gone down to 3 and the 3 aren't in the full bastocyst stage and are not ready for transfer. But I too Know that God is Better than Good and He will show Himself strong. I trust Him to bring my mother hood to existence and I accept the form that He grants it to me.