New Home

I'm glad you found my blog! Please visit my current blog at


No News Is No News

Our embryo transfer is scheduled for 9:30 a.m. tomorrow. The representative I spoke with at the IVF clinic did not have access to any information about how our embryos are doing, so I'm not sure how many blasts we might have to transfer. At first, I felt anxious at this lack of knowledge. But God was gracious to remind me of the words of Proverbs 3:5-8.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. Be not wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord, and turn away from evil. It will be healing to your flesh and refreshment to your bones.

If I knew more about the current state of the embryos, I would probably be tempted to rely on my own understanding about what will happen tomorrow. This way, I have no choice but to lean on God. In his sovereignty and goodness, he has planned exactly what will happen tomorrow - how many blasts we'll have, how the doctor will respond if we want to transfer more than the recommendation in order to keep our convictions against destroying or freezing any form of human life. Blessing - healing and refreshment, and hopefully pregnancy - will come from obeying the Lord, not from obeying medical professionals (although we listen carefully to them). All we can do is show up for the transfer tomorrow, seek to acknowledge our Savior throughout the process, and trust that we will have a clear and straight path to walk.


Katie said...

I'm sure you're in bed by now, but I wanted to let you know that we are praying for you. May the Lord give you His peace that surpasses understanding as you wait on Him!

In Search of Morning Sickness said...

I was thinking and praying for you this morning.... When I read your post yesterday I thought the same thing you said.... It was God's Sovereignty not to let you know how many blasts you had to transfer. Sometimes He completely gives us the opportunity to trust Him, and other times He doesn't give us as much freedom. Teaching us all along the way.
I don't know what happenend this morning, but I know there probably was a possibility that you & Aaron had more blasts than the clinic would be willing to transfer (say, if all 4 made it), and perahps you had to freeze - something you did NOT want to do... I still prayed God would direct you two. I wanted to email but this is my poor substitution as today is SUPER busy here!!!
Let us know when you can update!