New Home

I'm glad you found my blog! Please visit my current blog at http://entrusted.wordpress.com.

7.18.2007

Blast and Furious

You never really know what's going to happen from one day to the next with IVF. A change in (the expected) plans has happened, and for good reason. All four embryos are continuing to multiply cells as fast as their little mitochondria can manage (or whatever is going on that I failed to learn in high school biology). As a result of their lovely, go-getter attitudes, we're being pushed back to a day-5 transfer on Saturday. We'll see how many of these guys/gals can make it to blastocyst stage (when embryos begin to develop the distinct cells that will respectively become baby and placenta, and when they would naturally be leaving the fallopian tubes and entering the uterus). I'm excited that we have such good quality embryos, and I'm starting to feel a little more hopeful that this cycle will work. I'm a little worried that we'll end up with more blasts than Dr. Peppy et al will want us to transfer, but I'm trying not to borrow tomorrow's trouble. After all, last time we had four embryos on day 2 and I got panicky and started marshaling my mental arguments for why we should be allowed transfer all four, and then two embryos had stopped developing by day 3, rendering all my anxiety moot. These little lives of microscopic size are truly in the hands of God, and all I can do is wait to see how far he takes them. (Please, please take at least one or two of them as far as approximately nine months from now and then many years from there!)

5 comments:

Amy said...

Yes, Lord Jesus, please!

dziehe said...

We're praying for you! And I love this post's title, by the way. :)

Anonymous said...

Ok, this was Annika. I had just signed in to Ivy's blog and forgot to sign out. :)

In Search of Morning Sickness said...

Oh wow - you're definitely in my thoughts and prayers. That's right though, remember Jesus's words in the sermon on the mount not to fret about tomorrow. He will let which embryos grow that He desires and give you guys wisdom if you do have hard decisions to face.
I'm sure you know that Day 5 transfers have better pregnancy rates, so I hope that's something to remember. Of course, it's in teh Lord's hands.
Keep us updated!

GLouise said...

Praying for you, keep us posted!!!