New Home

I'm glad you found my blog! Please visit my current blog at http://entrusted.wordpress.com.

7.03.2007

Vacation, Baby!

Here I am, back in the Midwest again. A good time was had by all on vacation. The weather was sunny, the ocean was warm and wave-y, and the family was fun. I finally converted the Pattersons to the mindset that one ought to actually spend most of a beach vacation on the beach, rather than sightseeing at battleships and aquariums and the like. Oh, and the reading was plentiful. I really enjoyed the Patricia Wrede books (thanks, Flicka!) and I plan to start the Leif Enger book (recommended by Sara & Katie F.) soon. A few other highlights from the trip:

For several miles, we defied the laws of physics and geography by travelling north and south at the same time! Okay, maybe we were really heading east-ish, but for a stretch in Virginia (I think) we were on I-77S and I-81N simultaneously. (Reverse all that for the return trip.)

Also, we discovered that there are Tim Horton's in Ohio. Probably only the Pronovosts will understand the magnitude of that news...

The WalMart of Southport, NC, came fully stocked with sharps containers, available for the low, low price of $1.29.

One nephew (age 3) frequently ended his sentences with the word "baby." For instance, "Let's play Thomas the train, baby!" Or, "My shorts are on backwards, baby!" Highly amusing.

On our return trip, we stopped in WV for a family reunion at Aaron's parents' house. Even though the event was full of young Mormon families (read 23-year-olds with 4 children), not once did I get asked the dreaded, "So when are you guys going to have kids?" What a success!

I hope to post some pictures later this week. It was great to get away and relax, and now it's great to be back home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! So glad you liked the books. They are some of my favorites.

And hurrah for a great vacation, baby! ;-)

GLouise said...

Ah, there's nothing like a beach vacation with lots of good books!

Amy said...

I'm currently on a beach-ish vacation, and all I can say is, yay. Yay for you (and me), baby.

Amanda said...

Ellis (also 3) does this "baby" thing, walking around the house saying, "yeah, baby" like he's been watching Austin Powers over & over again (he hasn't).