New Home

I'm glad you found my blog! Please visit my current blog at http://entrusted.wordpress.com.

5.23.2008

Greek Chicken Kebabs

My pal from In Search of Morning Sickness reminded me recently that I haven't posted a recipe in a while. I tried a new recipe recently for Greek kebabs, which ended up not being kebabs because I couldn't find our skewers. So here's my modified version:

3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1" pieces (about 24)
1 zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1" pieces (about 16)
1/2 small red onion, quartered
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp dried oregano
3 tbsp white or red wine vinegar, divided
1/2 cup crumbled feta
1/4 cup plain yogurt
1 cup fresh mint leaves
salt & pepper

In a resealable plastic bag, combine chicken, zucchini, onion, oil, oregano, and 2 tbsp vinegar; season generously with salt & pepper. Marinate at least 30 minutes or up to overnight. Preheat broiler; place rack 4-6" below heat. Line a roasting pan or rimmed baking sheet with foil. Toss marinated chicken and vegetables onto prepared pan. Broil, turning at least once, until chicken is cooked through, about 15 min. Meanwhile, make dipping sauce. Blend feta, yogurt, mint, and remaining tbsp vinegar until smooth.* Serve chicken and vegetables over rice, with dipping sauce.

If you can find your skewers, you can thread the chicken, zucchini, and red onion onto them, in alternating fashion, and then grill them for about 15 min.

Happy Memorial Day weekend! I'm going to the New Attitude conference, and I'll resume posting when I get back.

*I used my immersion blender and its handy measuring container accessory for the sauce. I love this tool! If you don't have one, a food processor will work just fine for making the sauce.

1 comment:

In Search of Morning Sickness said...

Wow, I think you've just made dinner for me tomorrow. And consequently, I have EVERYTHING (ok, vidallia instead of red onions, but still)... I need to use my plain yogurt and feta this week if at all possible. And I have skewers which would make it fun. I'm gonna try to cook it on the charcoal grill since that'll give it a nice smoky flavor (& cuz the chicken I got is less than stellar tasting).

Thanks for the recipe before heading out to NA. I hope and pray the Lord will use this year's messages to bless and encourage your heart afresh, and so much more.