New Home

I'm glad you found my blog! Please visit my current blog at http://entrusted.wordpress.com.

5.29.2008

Piping Through Some Links

I'm still trying to return to life as usual after the Na conference, so instead of coming up with original blog material, I'll pass on a few links to content I've appreciated over recent weeks. Each comes from a different member of the Piper family.

From Molly Piper - How to Help Your Grieving Friend, a series of practical tips gleaned from her experience after her daughter Felicity was stillborn last fall

From Abraham Piper - 12 Ways to Improve Your Blog by Serving Your Readers

From John Piper - How a Roman Catholic Anti-Calvinist Can Serve Today's Poet Calvinist, an intriguing tribute to one of my favorite books, G.K. Chesterton's Orthodoxy. Here's one quote from the essay:
"One of the reasons that Calvinism is stirring today is that it takes both truth and mystery seriously. It’s a singing, poetry-writing, run-through-the-fields Calvinism." (HT Justin Taylor)

Now, I'm off to eat dinner with my in-laws...

1 comment:

Sarah Kay said...

I have to say I LOVE your reading list! You've always been brilliant but that list is impressive! Thanks to you I read my first Anne Perry (Ashworth Hall) and am looking to start Dorothy Dunnett!

Thanks so much for the inspiration in so many ways!
Always in my prayers,
SK