New Home

I'm glad you found my blog! Please visit my current blog at http://entrusted.wordpress.com.

2.08.2007

Round 9, Day 4

We all know that my reproductive system needs some remedial education. It has abysmally failed Conception 101 too many times to count. The report card from yesterday’s ultrasound showed that my ovaries have sought to compensate for that poor record. They are top of the class in Advanced Cyst Production. Those little overachievers presented Wendy and me with four 50mm cysts. (Aaron suggested that since we can’t have children, maybe we could raise these four beauties and call them our very own.) For those of you less familiar with the metric system, like me, that adds up to a total of about 8 inches of cysts. Each of my ovaries is now bigger than my uterus. I think the recent visit to Austin compelled them to swell up to Texas-size.

But enough about me. I’d like to take some time to talk about you, Internet. To the person who found me after she “took Clomid Follistim together I’m pregnant,” congrats and I wish I could say the same.

If you want to know what it means if your progesterone level is 4.5 on 7dpo, you probably have a luteal phase defect resulting from weak ovulation. But since I don’t have a medical degree, you probably ought to consult your doctor (and don’t make the mistake I made of listening to a nurse who erroneously compared my results to pre-ovulatory levels, rather than post-ovulatory).

Wondering if phlebotomy gives temporary relief? I’m not sure what you’re talking about and I can’t help you.

To the many who are in the trenches with me in the battle against self-pity, I encourage you to keep fighting. God will give grace, and it will get easier in time.


Still not pregnant? Yeah, me neither. See above on self-pity.


Edited to add: I'm relieved to see that I'm the first hit for this search!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I am so sorry that your ovaries excel in making cysts, and not babies. Blah.

(At the same time, your remarks about phlebotomy made me laugh out loud.)

GLouise said...

Sorry to hear about the cysts ;-(


The google searchers you mentioned have me chuckling. It is pretty amazing to see how others find our blogs!