New Home

I'm glad you found my blog! Please visit my current blog at http://entrusted.wordpress.com.

4.11.2007

Like a Barren Tree, Part 4

Having seen the root of my sinful responses to the affliction of infertility, and having seen the effect of the cross of Christ on my heart, I can now turn to change with freedom and hope. The third tree of the Three Trees diagram has deep, rich, healthy roots and blooms with pleasing, sweet fruit.

Good Root - What SHOULD you desire, love, fear, believe in this circumstance? What truths should you believe about God, yourself, and others? What does Scripture encourage you to desire, fear, and believe?

I should desire that God be glorified through the trial of infertility, as he develops perseverance, character, and hope in me (Romans 5:3-5). I should believe that God is working infertility for good in my life (Romans 8:28). I should love my Savior more than the idea of having children. I should be satisfied in Christ.

Good Fruit - What SHOULD you feel, think, say, or do if you are loving God more than anything else?

I should trust God for my future and my family. I should be grateful for my salvation, my blessings, and my difficulties. I should rejoice with others and extend compassion and grace to others. I should seek refuge in my Redeemer.

Consequences - What are the consequences?

I will experience peace, rest, joy, and hope. My life will bring honor to God and encouragement to others.

The Three Trees diagram has been such a help to me over the course of this battle against infertility and all the sin it unearths in my heart. If you are currently facing difficulty, if you are seeing negative patterns in your life, don't be disheartened. There is a great Savior who has borne the burden of sin and suffering, who extends a lifeline to lift us out of our dark holes. His Word promises hope: "Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. He who calls you is faithful; he will surely do it" (1 Thessalonians 5:23-24).

No comments: