New Home

I'm glad you found my blog! Please visit my current blog at http://entrusted.wordpress.com.

6.05.2007

Here We Go Again - IVF #2

Just a quick update to say that we are beginning the process for IVF #2. My baseline ultrasound and bloodwork yesterday showed all reproductive organs and hormones back to normal, and Nurse Answers confirmed that our vacation at the end of June should not interfere with any appointments, so we have the all clear to start the suppression protocol. Since the first month of the process is so low-key - just BCP for three weeks, and then Lupron shots for ten days, but no daily appointments or major procedures - Aaron and I feel good about starting right up again. Supression is sort of a built-in lull in the intense storm of IVF.

Also, I will have a consult with Dr. Peppy on July 2 to discuss our first IVF and if we will make any changes to the protocol for this round. I'm compiling a list of questions to ask then - What exactly was our embryo quality? Was there anything obvious that caused the IVF to fail, or is it just a mystery why the embryos did not implant? Why is it taking such extremes of treatment to correct what seems like a relatively minor problem of low progesterone? Is there some part of the problem that we're missing, that we haven't tested for yet? Let me know if you have any suggestions for other questions to ask at a post-IVF consult.

1 comment:

In Search of Morning Sickness said...

Somehow I missed seeing this entry. I'm glad you guys are diving right back into IVF, but I agree, the 3 weeks of BCP's are a good built-in lull.

Will you plan on doing anything different this time? I guess it's early to ask, since it might depend on what the doctor says at your consult.