New Home

I'm glad you found my blog! Please visit my current blog at http://entrusted.wordpress.com.

8.30.2007

Seen and Read

Over the past week or so, I've stumbled upon a few insightful reads posted on the internet, all related to trials or their accompanying temptations.

  • In a series of meditations on Psalm 27, Paul Tripp wrote about productive delay, about how God makes waiting redemptive and restorative.
  • Tim Challies collected a series of helpful quotes on envy and offers some a personal reflection of that topic.
Click on over if any of those interest you; happy reading!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have an email? I know of a website that I think you will enjoy very much but I don't want to post it here as it makes a bridge between my anonymous internet self and real life. (My friend authors the site.) She loves Paul Tripp, references him frequently. I think you two would get along very well. :-)

If you're interested, email me at casa.vacant@gmail.com

xo

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for linking to our blog (firstimportance.org). We're glad you enjoyed that quote.

(Are you a member of a Sovereign Grace church? The three of us who run the blog are part of Crossway in Vancouver, BC.)

I'm looking forward to reading more of your blog.

God bless,

Bart Byl

Rebekah said...

Hey, this is reeeaaally random, but, I saw that you asked on the NA blog for the words to Bob K's prophetic song at the conference and wondered if you got them, and, if so, if you could email them to me? blaustin21@gmail.com

Thanks!

andrea_jennine said...

Bart, you're welcome for the link. I'll be reading regularly! Yes, I am part of the Sovereign Grace Church in the Chicago suburbs.

Beka, I will e-mail you a link to the song!

In Search of Morning Sickness said...

I wanted to tell you of your recommended readings you posted a few posts ago I have finished one... .Polishing God's Monuments was an amazingly well-written, heart-wrenching book that is written form a man who has walked trail after trail with God and still trusts His Sovereignty and Goodness. I loved it. I have so many good quotes from it I want to type up. THANK YOU for taking the time to share those. DA Carson's How Long O Lord is next for me.
Thanks for staying in touch!!