New Home

I'm glad you found my blog! Please visit my current blog at http://entrusted.wordpress.com.

11.03.2007

Guacamole

I'm a big fan of guacamole, and this is the best recipe I've found. We're bringing about a triple batch of this to a party this afternoon, so I thought I'd go ahead and post the recipe today!

4 ripe avocados
2-4 Roma tomatoes, diced
1/8-1/4 cup chopped red onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 lime
1 tsp oregano
salt & pepper

Peel & pit avocados; mash in a medium bowl. Add diced tomato, red onion, garlic & oregano. Squeeze lime juice over avocado mixture, season to taste with salt & pepper. Stir and serve immediately.

2 comments:

In Search of Morning Sickness said...

You are not a very good blogger friend!!! Do you know how BAD it is to get me CRAVING something??? And with avocados at $1.20-2.00 EACH!!!

I got SO spoiled living in Texas. They were 50 cents each easily and SO fresh.... *sighs* I love them plain, so I bought them every grocery trip!

There was this great place on the riverwalk called Boudros & they added roasted tomatoes in their guacamole. It gave it a great "smoky" flavor, but just slightly. YUM.

And unfortunately, if J deploys I could choose to have him freeze a sample for IUIs, but they do not allow it for IVF. :/

JJ said...

Mmmm Ill have to fix this for Mook--he loves Guacamole! Thanks for sharing!