New Home

I'm glad you found my blog! Please visit my current blog at http://entrusted.wordpress.com.

4.08.2008

At the Intersection of Death and Life

For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die... (Eccles. 3:1-2)

My grandfather died today. His death was not unexpected; he was in his late nineties, and he has suffered several strokes in recent years. He had another stroke yesterday, and he passed away this morning. The funeral will be either Friday or Saturday. My dad, mom, and brother fly into Chicago tomorrow, and they'll drive from here up to Michigan, where most of my dad's family live. Aaron and I hope to join them there over the weekend.

However, it's possible that the IUI will be scheduled for the weekend. At my appointment this morning, I had three dominant follicles measuring at 12, 11, and 10 mm, plus a few smaller ones. I'm still waiting for further instructions, but my guess is that I will stim for a few more days and then trigger (usually done when the dominant follicle is between 17 and 20 mm). If the IUI and the funeral end up scheduled for the same day, we'll probably have to choose between them. My mom says that we should opt to do the IUI rather than canceling the cycle, if that ends up being the case, but we're not so sure. I don't know yet what my dad would prefer. It seems so bizarre that we might have to decide either to honor a life that has ended or to take a chance of bringing a new life into the world, but we're trusting God's sovereignty in these matters.

We'd appreciate your prayers, for all of the details related to the funeral and the IUI, for safety for my family as they travel, and for the comfort of Christ in this time of loss.

9 comments:

Katie said...

I'm praying that God will clear the way for you to be able to do both the funeral & the IUI. May the Lord give you peace as you wait to see what unfolds.

So sorry to hear about your Grandpa's passing.

Michele said...

I am praying for your family and for the decisions to be made, whatever they may be. I will specifically pray like Katie, that you can do both the funeral and the IUI. May Christ be honored in all.

Lauren said...

I'll say a prayer for your family. I'm really sorry for your grandfather's passing.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about your grandpa. I will be praying for wisdom and for God to show a clear path in these details--and that you won't have to decide between them!

Anonymous said...

I echo the other prayers.

Anonymous said...

I've only been reading your blog for a few weeks, but I'm so sorry to hear of your grandfather's passing.

I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

Linda said...

Oh Andrea, I'm so sorry for your loss. Even when you see it coming, it's never easy.

I'm praying for you guys to know what the right decision is; that it will be clear and strong in your minds and that you will have peace about it. I'm here if you need anything.

xx
Flicka

Lollipop Goldstein said...

I'm so sorry, Andrea Jennine. The timing of it and the loss of your grandfather.

JJ said...

I am so sorry for your loss, Andrea Jennine. You and your family are in my prayers