New Home

I'm glad you found my blog! Please visit my current blog at http://entrusted.wordpress.com.

5.11.2007

IVF #1 - Are We There Yet?

I'm getting really tired of the everyday appointment thing. I just want to trigger, already! Yesterday morning, I received a 6 a.m. wake-up call to alert me that I needed to go to a different office for monitoring (Wendy the Wander had to suddenly go on bedrest due to preterm labor issues - please pray for her!). I decided to forego the last precious hour of sleep so that I would not have to fight traffic to the clinic. The ultrasound showed about 19 follicles (not counting the biggie), all measuring 12-16mm. My estrogen levels had jumped from around 1100 to 1500, so I lowered my dose of Follistim to 100 units last night. This morning, I was back at my normal clinic, but they were double- and triple-booked due to rearranging all of yesterday's appointments, so I had to wait an hour before I could be seen! This is really unusual at my clinic; I don't think I've ever waited longer than 15 minutes. The large follicle is up to 36mm, and the rest are 17-22mm. I should get a call from the nurse this afternoon, either telling me to trigger tonight or to continue stimming and to schedule a monitoring appointment in the city for tomorrow. I'm really hoping for the former, but I probably ought to start preparing my heart to attend church on Mother's Day.

1 comment:

Me said...

I hope you were able to trigger and can do your retrieval on Sunday. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Elaine